I’ve been wondering when there would be another Classics Club Spin – it seems a long time since the last one – so I was pleased to see that Spin #14 has just been announced!
Here are the rules, if you need a reminder:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 1st December 2016
And here is my list:
As I only have 15 books left to read for the Classics Club, I’ve had to list some of them twice. I haven’t included East of Eden (because I’ve already committed to reading that one this autumn) or my re-read of The Count of Monte Cristo (because it’s one of my favourite books and I thought it would be nice to save it until last). Of the others, I really don’t mind which one is chosen for me!
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (re-read)
2. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
3. The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
4. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (re-read)
5. Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
6. Howards End by E.M. Forster
7. I, Claudius by Robert Graves
8. The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy
9. Lost Horizon by James Hilton
10. The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne
11. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
12. The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
13. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
14. The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
15. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
16. Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
17. I, Claudius by Robert Graves
18. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (re-read)
19. The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
20. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
Which numbers do you think I should be hoping for? Are you taking part in the Spin this time?