It’s time for another Classics Club Spin – the first of 2022! I’ve only read one book from my Classics Club list so far this year, so this spin has come at a good time for me.
If you’re not sure what a CC Spin is, here’s a reminder:
The rules for Spin #29:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Sunday 20th March the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 30th April 2022.
And here is my list:
1. Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
2. The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
3. The Trumpet-Major by Thomas Hardy
4. The Life and Opinions of the Tomcat Murr by ETA Hoffman
5. Farewell the Tranquil Mind by RF Delderfield
6. Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather
7. Moonfleet by John Meade Falkner
8. Sword at Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliff
9. Jane and Prudence by Barbara Pym
10. Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault
11. In a Lonely Place by Dorothy B Hughes
12. Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell
13. My Theodosia by Anya Seton
14. Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey
15. Pied Piper by Nevil Shute
16. A Laodicean by Thomas Hardy
17. Random Harvest by James Hilton
18. The New Magdalen by Wilkie Collins
19. A Pin to See the Peepshow by F Tennyson Jesse
20. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
I have made a few changes to my Classics Club list since the last spin, removing some books I no longer felt like reading and replacing them with others that sounded more appealing to me or that have been on my TBR for a long time. They might not all be books that are traditionally considered ‘classics’, but at least there’s nothing here that I’m dreading reading! I would be happy to get any of these in the spin.
Are you taking part in the spin? Which number do you think I should be hoping for on Sunday?