It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!
Here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday a number will be chosen.
* This is the book you need to read in May and June!
And here is my Spin List:
Five books I’ve been looking forward to reading:
1. Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
2. Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini
3. The Heir of Redclyffe by Charlotte M. Yonge
4. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
5. Family Roundabout by Richmal Crompton
Five books from the 20th century:
6. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
7. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
8. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
9. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
10. The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham
Five long Victorian books:
11. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
12. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
13. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
14. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
15. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
Five picked completely at random:
16. The Betrothed by Alessandro Manzoni
17. Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
18. The Charterhouse of Parma by Stendhal
19. The Heart of Midlothian by Sir Walter Scott
20. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Now I have to wait until Monday to find out what I’ll be reading…