It’s time for another Classics Club Spin. I was hoping there would be one this month! As always, here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday (August 11th) the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read during August and September.
And this is my list:
1. Shirley by Charlotte Brontë
2. The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
3. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
4. A Country Doctor’s Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
5. The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas
6. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
7. The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
8. The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade
9. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
10. Germinal by Emile Zola
11. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
12. The Heir of Redclyffe by Charlotte M. Yonge
13. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
14. The Heart of Midlothian by Sir Walter Scott
15. The Glass-Blowers by Daphne du Maurier
16. The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
17. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky
18. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
19. Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore
20. Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
I’m not dividing these into categories as I had enough trouble just deciding on my twenty books, but I’ve tried to include a mixture of books that I’m looking forward to reading and books that I feel more hesitant about.
Now I have to wait until next Monday to see what I’ll be reading. Which numbers do you think I should be hoping for?