It’s time for another Classics Club Spin and after enjoying my last few spin books I’m quite excited about this one.
If you need a reminder, here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 5th January.
And this is my list:
1. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
2. The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy
3. A Country Doctor’s Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
4. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
5. The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas
6. The Glass-Blowers by Daphne du Maurier
7. The Sea-Hawk by Rafael Sabatini
8. Prince of Foxes by Samuel Shellabarger
9. The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
10. I, Claudius by Robert Graves
11. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
12. Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier
13. Bellarion by Rafael Sabatini
14. The Heart of Midlothian by Walter Scott
15. Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore
16. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
17. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
18. The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
19. Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
20. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
I’m happier with this list than I’ve been with any of the other lists I’ve put together for the spin because I’m genuinely looking forward to reading all of those twenty books. I’m not in the right mood at the moment to try to force myself to read something I don’t really feel like reading.
Usually I stick to one book per author for my spin lists but this time I’ve included some of my favourite authors more than once.
Have you read any of these books? Which one would you be hoping for?