I love taking part in the spins hosted by The Classics Club – this is the seventeenth and although I’ve missed one or two I think I’ve managed to participate in most of them. As I just recently started my second Classics Club list, I have plenty of books to choose from for this spin and I’ll be happy to read any of them.
Here are the rules for Spin #17:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Friday 9th March the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 30th April 2018
And here is my list:
Five Victorian Classics
1. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
2. Jezebel’s Daughter by Wilkie Collins
3. Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy
4. The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade
5. The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson
Five Classics in Translation
6. The Black Sheep by Honoré de Balzac
7. The White Guard by Mikhail Bulgakov
8. La Reine Margot by Alexandre Dumas
9. In a Dark Wood Wandering by Hella S Haasse
10. Germinal by Emile Zola
Five 20th Century Classics by Women
11. Don’t Look Now and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier
12. That Lady by Kate O’Brien
13. Jane and Prudence by Barbara Pym
14. High Rising by Angela Thirkell
15. The Corn King and the Spring Queen by Naomi Mitchison
Five 20th Century Classics by Men
16. How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
17. The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
18. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
19. Claudius the God by Robert Graves
20. A Passage to India by EM Forster
Have you read any of these books? Which numbers do you think I should be hoping for on Friday?