It’s time for another Classics Club Spin – the 30th, in fact! If you’re not sure what a CC Spin is, here’s a reminder:
The rules for Spin #30:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Sunday 12th June the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 7th August 2022.
I’m already busy working through my 20 Books of Summer list, so not sure if I will actually have time to read a Spin book as well, but I can’t resist taking part anyway!
Here’s my list:
1. A Laodicean by Thomas Hardy
2. Pied Piper by Nevil Shute
3. Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather
4. Farewell the Tranquil Mind by RF Delderfield
5. The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
6. Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell
7. Moonfleet by John Meade Falkner
8. The White Guard by Mikhail Bulgakov
9. My Theodosia by Anya Seton
10. A Pin to See the Peepshow by F Tennyson Jesse
11. Jane and Prudence by Barbara Pym
12. Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
13. The New Magdalen by Wilkie Collins
14. Random Harvest by James Hilton
15. Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault
16. Sword at Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliff
17. Pied Piper by Nevil Shute
18. Brat Farrar by Josephine Tey
19. A Pin to See the Peepshow by F Tennyson Jesse
20. The Trumpet-Major by Thomas Hardy
Which of these do you think I should be hoping for? I would love to get either Pied Piper or A Pin to See the Peepshow as both of those are on my 20 Books of Summer list, so I’ve included each of them on my Spin list twice to increase my chances! Otherwise, I don’t really mind which number comes up.