The Classics Club Spin is back for the fifth time! I have been lucky with my last three Spin books (Aurora Floyd, Cold Comfort Farm and A Tale of Two Cities) so I’m hoping another great book will be chosen for me again.
Here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read during February and March!
And here is my Spin List:
1. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
2. The Heart of Midlothian by Sir Walter Scott
3. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
5. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
6. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
7. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
8. Family Roundabout by Richmal Crompton
9. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
10. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
11. Howards End by E.M. Forster
12. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
13. A Country Doctor’s Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
14. The Heir of Redclyffe by Charlotte M. Yonge
15. Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
16. Germinal by Emile Zola
17. The Sea Hawk by Rafael Sabatini
18. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
19. The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas
20. Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope
Now I just need to wait until Monday to find out what I’ll be reading. Which numbers do you think I should be hoping for?