The Classics Club have announced another of their Classics Spins today; I wasn’t sure whether to take part as I’m already reading two classics (Mauprat by George Sand and Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray) but I’m more than halfway through both so I’m sure I’ll have time to read one more before the spin deadline!
Here is a reminder of the Spin rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Monday the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 2nd May 2016
And here is my list:
1. The Woodlanders by Thomas Hardy
2. Louise de la Vallière by Alexandre Dumas
3. Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier
4. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
5. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
6. I, Claudius by Robert Graves
7. Howards End by E.M. Forster
8. Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
9. The Heir of Redclyffe by Charlotte M. Yonge
10. The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
11. Shirley by Charlotte Brontë
12. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
13. The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne
14. Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
15. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (re-read)
16. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
17. Prince of Foxes by Samuel Shellabarger
18. Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne du Maurier
19. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
20. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
It was easy to put this selection together because I only have 25 books left on my Classics Club list now. At this stage, I really don’t mind which one I get, but I’m particularly hoping for number 2, 3, 10, 12 or 17.
Have you read any of these books? If you’re a member of the Classics Club, will you be joining in with this spin?