This time last year I decided to take part in 20 Books of Summer hosted by Cathy at 746 Books. It’s a simple idea – to make a list of twenty books (or fifteen or ten) that you would like to read during the summer months – but it’s more difficult to complete than you might expect! I managed to read 16 out of 20 last year, which I was still quite pleased with, but I’m looking forward to trying again this year.
Here are my twenty books for 2018, in no particular order:
1. The Story Keeper by Anna Mazzola
2. Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy
3. The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker
4. A Game of Hide and Seek by Elizabeth Taylor
5. The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry
6. Fool’s Errand by Robin Hobb
7. The Poison Bed by EC Fremantle
8. Elizabeth and Her German Garden by Elizabeth von Arnim
9. For the Immortal by Emily Hauser
10. Post of Honour by RF Delderfield
11. The King’s Witch by Tracy Borman
12. Marking Time by Elizabeth Jane Howard
13. Lamentation by CJ Sansom
14. The Bull from the Sea by Mary Renault
15. Tapestry of War by Jane MacKenzie
16. Don’t Look Now and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier
17. My Beautiful Imperial by Rhiannon Lewis
18. Fortune’s Fool by David Blixt
19. The Wardrobe Mistress by Patrick McGrath
20. The Craftsman by Sharon Bolton
I’ve included a mixture of review copies (from NetGalley and from authors/publishers), books from my Classics Club list and some that I just want to read. I will need to read these twenty books between 1 June – 3 September, but I’m sure I will find myself reading others that aren’t on the list too!
Have you read any of these? Will you be taking part in 20 Books of Summer this year?