It’s time for another Classics Club Spin – the last one of 2022. I don’t feel that I’ve made much progress with the Classics Club this year, so I’ve been looking forward to this! If you’re not sure what a CC Spin is, here’s a reminder:
The rules for Spin #32:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* On Sunday 11th December the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read by 29th January 2023.
Here’s my list:
1. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
2. The White Guard by Mikhail Bulgakov
3. Claudius the God by Robert Graves
4. The Trumpet-Major by Thomas Hardy
5. The New Magdalen by Wilkie Collins
6. Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell
7. Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household
8. Sword at Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliff
9. Moonfleet by John Meade Falkner
10. A Laodicean by Thomas Hardy
11. Random Harvest by James Hilton
12. The New Magdalen by Wilkie Collins
13. Farewell the Tranquil Mind by RF Delderfield
14. Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
15. Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault
16. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
17. Jane and Prudence by Barbara Pym
18. Sword at Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliff
19. The Trumpet-Major by Thomas Hardy
20. Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
As I only have 16 books remaining on my Classics Club list, I’ve had to duplicate some of them here. I don’t really mind which one I get but I would be particularly happy with Strangers on a Train, The New Magdalen or one of the Thomas Hardy books.
Which number do you think I should be hoping for on Sunday?