The Historical Fiction Reading Challenge is hosted by Royal Reviews. I know I have already signed up for the Year of the Historical Challenge, but I wanted to join this one too because I read so much historical fiction anyway. I’m signing up for the Obsessed level – 20 books.
Challenge Guidelines (taken from the challenge post)
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
— Curious – Read 3 Historical Fiction novels.
— Fascinated – Read 6 Historical Fiction novels.
— Addicted – Read 12 Historical Fiction novels.
— Obsessed – Read 20 Historical Fiction novels.
3. Any book format counts.
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
Books read for this challenge (updated March 30th 2010)
1. The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
2. The Divine Sacrifice by Tony Hays
3. The Far Pavilions by M. M. Kaye
4. Whistling in the Dark by Tamara Allen
5. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
6. Drood by Dan Simmons
7. In a Far Country by Linda Holeman
8. O, Juliet by Robin Maxwell