January is National Just Read More Novels Month 2010 hosted by yellojkt of Foma.
Here are the rules, taken from the NaJuRedMoNoMo post:
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don’t count.
2. Memoirs Aren’t Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn’t a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.
3. Start and Finish in January. I guess if you got some cool books for Christmas, Hanukkah or some other gift-giving event and jumped the gun, you can’t be blamed. But I only count books I start and finish within the 31 day window.
4. Re-reading Doesn’t Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.
5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
3 thoughts on “National Just Read More Novels Month 2010”
I just gave you the Honest Scrap award on my blog. http://englishmajorjunkfood.blogspot.com/2010/01/honest-scrap-meme.html
Thanks. I don’t know if I’ll actually reach 100 books, but it’s something to aim for!
Thanks for joining NaJuReMoNoMo. If you are attempting 100 books this year, my challenge will be a breeze.