I was hoping the Classics Club would be hosting another spin this month as I haven’t been making much progress with my Classics Club list recently, so today’s announcement couldn’t have been more welcome!
Here are the rules:
* List any twenty books you have left to read from your Classics Club list.
* Number them from 1 to 20.
* Next Monday (May 12th) the Classics Club will announce a number.
* This is the book you need to read during May and June!
And here is my Spin List:
1. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
2. Family Roundabout by Richmal Crompton
3. A Country Doctor’s Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
4. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
5. The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas
6. The Heir of Redclyffe by Charlotte M. Yonge
7. The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
8. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky
9. The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade
10. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
11. The Glass-Blowers by Daphne du Maurier
12. Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
13. The Sea Hawk by Rafael Sabatini
14. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
15. Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
16. Romola by George Eliot
17. Lorna Doone by R.D. Blackmore
18. The Charterhouse of Parma by Stendhal
19. The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
20. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
I can’t wait for next Monday to find out which book I’ll be reading! Are there any numbers you think I should be hoping for – or hoping to avoid?